To make a loaf like we did just follow the basic recipe below. Remember you can substitute the BBQ sauce and garlic for other spices.
1 and 1/2 cups of Gluten Flour
1/2 cup of Chickpea Flour
3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1 Cup Vegetable Broth
1 clove of Garlic
1/2 a cup of BBQ Sauce
4-6 cups of Water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix both flours with BBQ sauce, nutritional yeast and garlic (minced)
- Mix vegetable broth with water in separate bowl
- Add 1 cup of broth mix with the flour mix until you are able to form a gooey ball of dough
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes in fridge
- Wrap dough loosely in cheese cloth
- Place in glass casserole dish and pour remaining broth/water mix around the dough to have liquid for it to bake in
- Place in oven for 1-2 hours depending on how firm you want the loaf. The longer you leave it in the firmer it will be.
Each 100 grams of Seitan has about 75 grams of protein which is amazing. It also has about 14% of your daily calcium and 28% of your daily iron requirements. The nutritional yeast adds some B12, B6, Niacin, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Folate and Magnesium to your nutritional life.